You guys have a gold mine in this Excel workbook that you created – thanks so much for making it available!
Small Business Organizations
- Apex Gets Business
- Arrowhead Regional Development Commission (ARDC)
- Cook County/Grand Marais Economic Development Authority
- Duluth Economic Development Authority
- Ely Economic Development Authority
- Entrepreneur Fund
- Eveleth Economic Development Authority
- Great River Energy
- Hibbing Economic Development Authority
- Iron Range Economic Alliance
- Itasca Economic Development Corporation
- Koochiching Economic Development Authority
- MN Department of Iron Range Resource & Rehabilitation
- Northland Connection
- Northland Foundation
- Virginia Economic Development
Small Business Resources
- Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State
- MN.gov DEED
- Minnesota Business Finance Corporation (MDFC)
- Minnesota Business Resources
- Minnesota Shared Work – Alternative to Layoff
- Minnesota Unemployment Insurance
- Minnesota Workplace Posters
- Small Business Administration (SBA)
- University of Minnesota Extension
- SBA Learning Center
- Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- IRS Business Videos
- IRS Online Workshops
- IRS Tax Resources – Small Business
- IRS Tax Resources – Self Employed
- International Trade Administration
- International Trade Export Solutions
- Pay.Gov – U.S. Department of Treasury
- Small Business Administration
- US Department of Agriculture
- US Department of Commerce
- US Department of Labor
SBDC Frequently Asked Questions
What is a business plan and do I really need one?
A business plan is essentially your roadmap to entrepreneurial success. A good business plan defines your business and the product and service that you are providing to meet the needs of your customers. It is a necessary tool in obtaining financing and assists you in running a profitable business!
Are there any costs associated with a consultation?
No! Consulting services are provided at no cost. All clients, their businesses, and related information are kept strictly confidential – the Northland SBDC will not provide your information to anyone without your provided consent.
Will my discussions, research, and materials with Northland SBDC be kept confidential?
Information you provide will be held in confidence and will not be released to any parties outside of the Minnesota SBDC network. Your information will not be provided to other organizations and information on you and the nature of your engagement with the SBDC will not be released without your consent.
Are there any fees associated with services?
All business consultations are a no charge service. We offer some paid training opportunities.
Do you support already existing businesses with your services?
Yes! The Northland SBDC assists both new and existing businesses and entrepreneurs. Northland SBDC also supports existing businesses with common challenges such as financing an expansion, redesigning business plans, management reorganization, and much more!